Prepare to talk fast, and down coffee, cos if you need, you need me to be with you, I will follow where you lead… Yes the Gilmore reunion of our dreams is finally coming to pass with the trusty Amy Sherman-Palladino at the helm, fixing the wrongs that season 7 left in it’s wake (remember the marriage to Christopher? What were they thinking).
While we await our next train to Stars Hollow, here are 8 things that need to happen in our favourite weird yet wonderful small town.
1.Lorelai & Luke get married – they so nearly made it there before Luke went all weird and Lorelai got all sad and ahhhh *sobs into box sets*. But they are both ALL IN now surely? Those wedding bells had better chime
2. The mourning of Richard – it was like losing a loved one when the news broke. The loveable gent’s absence has got to be dealt with thoroughly – how will Emily cope? How will Rory deal? Will Lorelai let herself grieve?
3. Return of the Huntzberger – I never bought that Logan would propose, then bail. A commitment-phobe would never leave on such an ultimatum, and he knew better than to ask in front of the entire Gilmore clan! No – If the team at ‘The Good Wife’ can loan him out then Logan must return, if only to turn on the charm on more time (am I drooling? I’m not drooling…)
4. An Emily / Lorelai truce – I’m not for a moment suggesting it should be all rose tinted and picture perfect between the warring family factions, but a good heart to heart session over a martini wouldn’t go amiss
5. Storylines for Sookie & Lane – the writers for season 7 seemed to run out of ideas for our favourite best friends, decided in lieu of an actual idea to get them both knocked up. I want ACTUAL STORIES for the fabulous duo this time around – yes I know Melissa McCarthy is a big star now but I am hoping against hope that she will return to her small town roots for this!
6. Kirk becomes a dad – just think of it. How mad yet brilliant would this be?! And so far is we know he and Lulu are still together, so…stranger things have happened! (Sort of!)
7. Details of Rory’s career – surely she is a big shot journalist by now? With her own column? And a book deal? WE NEED TO KNOW.
8. A Rory / Lorelai dinner date at Luke’s – because monkey monkey underpants.