- So its finally. here. The finale. Will Maddie see the light? Will Juliette bring her marriage back from the dead? And, most importantly, will Gunner ever deserve the wonder that is Scarlett?
- The answer to that final question is ‘Probarbly not’, but lets watch anyway.
- I hate seeing Deacon and Rayna on the ropes. It makes the universe seem wonky.
- What is Cash’s deal? What is she getting out of her destruction of Rayna’s family?
- I’m liking the newly Gryffindor-ed Will. Brave looks good on him. Some fights are worth fighting
- Layla is such a sad character. if she loves Avery she is gonna lose. If she doesn’t she has already lost.
- Is Deacon Instagram-stalking his own daughter? Dedication to the cause, right there.
- Juliette wanting to wear her pjs to her Oscar’s party is ALL OF US.
- Layla leaked the story?! There is justice, then there is revenge.
- So Autumn thinks Scarlett is ‘Playing a head game’ does she? Well someone certainly is…
- Ooooooh Will’s ex is back. And he’s single. Reunion?
- ‘ I always thought y’all were pretty great together’ me too Luke. Me too.
- As the true story of Jeff’s death breaks: ’How did they find out. And why now.’ Good question Glenn. Good question.
- ‘I can’t be anywhere near her if this is true’ WOW. Ok, lying Layla just lost my sympathy.
- Rayna is such a fierce mother -‘and you’re ok with that?!’ WELL DONE. Just because it happens, doesn’t mean we have to accept it.
- ‘She won’t give us any kind of platform…luckily we found one of our own’ WELL SAID SIR
- The exes as ex exes? Surely not (if only because it is really hard to understand grammatically)
- Layla’s web of deceit is unraveling. Juliette was a horror with a heart of gold. Layla is a sugary case with a bitter pill inside.
- Oh Maddie. Talent doesn’t make you wise
- Avery to Layla: ’This whole nightmare she’s wrapped up in…it was you, wasn’t it’ Ding ding ding jackpot.
- She was a victim, then she became a predator. That was when she lost: one doesn’t fix the other.
- I think Scarlett’s manager has become her therapist
- The one time a teenager doesn’t check her phone huh Rayna? Sod’s law
- And it’s finally time for Will to face his demons
- ‘you’re scared aren’t you’ oooo nice shot cowboy. Put the face to the cause.
- Give that man a standing ovation
- ‘I’m a horrible person, and these people worship me, because they don’t know that’ No Juliette, you used you act horrible because you were broken. Atoning is good, self loathing is not.
- Scarlett when Gunner is a jerk for the thousandth time: ’No – you listen’ the wallflower fights back.
- Nothing more powerful than opening your heart.
- Daphne is a very underrated character
- Seriously: her voice is pure old school country. An old soul looking like the littlest girl
- And now Juliette is baring her soul. All of the feelings. I am so proud of her.
- No no no Maddie DEACON SAVE HER
- ‘It’s your choice’ – why Deacon I do believe you said the three magic words
- Though it is sad the only way they felt they thought Maddie would come home was the threat of sexual assault. Still…
- FULL ON CRYING AT RAYNA’S FAMILY REUNION
- I. Can’t. Cope.
- Musically the Ex’s are far and away my highlight. Their chemistry and talent is undeniable.
- AND NOW GUNNER & SCARLETT
- Quite a kiss – take that Autumn Chase.
- This episode is an emotional rollercoaster
- No no no
- Juliette can’t die?
- AND THAT’S HOW YOU END THE SERIES?
- WHAT THE HELL NASHVILLE
- *Cries into plaid shirts, whisky and guitars*
Each day in Advent I will be celebrating one of the TV heroines of 2016 -as let’s face it, it has been a pretty sucky year, and we could all use some female fictional icons to take our mind off Brexit, Trump, and the general doomsday vibe!
Why a heroine and not a hero? Well one of the reasons I am such a TV fanatic is that the genre seems to be far more ‘equal-opportunities than it’s film relation. No longer are the fairer sex subjected to the role of love interest or sister – they are now allowed to be rulers, protagonists, and saviours of mankind. This is both forward-thinking and inspiring, as, let’s face it, a story with twice as many complex characters is twice as interesting!
Heroine: Scarlett O’Connor
Scarlett is the reason I watch Nashville. Her voice has such a raw yet ethereal quality, and her journey from shy poet to fearless yet passionate country pixie girl gives me heartache. Yes, she has relationships which inspire her music, but it is her talent and her inner strength which make her such a compelling character. She won’t settle for second place where her heart is concerned. She doesn’t let her on stage breakdown stop her from getting behind the microphone again. And her voice? Her voice is the reason country is worth radio time.
Top 3 Scarlett moments up to 2016
1.Scarlett goes acoustic